Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Final Stop: Ross Family Reunion

The final leg of our crazy journey took us through Jerome, Idaho where we stopped to have lunch with my good friend Andy and his family. Andy was another buddy from Ricks. I love that all my super awesome Ricks buddies have wives that are also awesome and allow us all to stay great friends! (I should also point out that I enjoy every chance to get to know the wives better too!)

After a nice lunch in Jerome, the girls and I drove to Layton, Utah to my sister Alyson's home. We stayed there for five days and had a great time at my family's reunion. My sister Ashley was even able to drive up from California with her sweet baby. And it was a chance to see my brother Brandon and his family before they leave to Florida to go to graduate school for four years.

On the first day of the reunion, all us sisters took our kids to the Tree House Museum in Ogden while other family members went to the temple. That's where this picture came from -- we'd been chasing kids around for several hours and were beat. Question is, who was watching the kids when this photo was taken???



The second day we went to the Cherry Hill water park for six hours. I wish I had some pics from our time there, but alas... I was very proud of Morgan as she got brave and went down the water slides by herself -- hooray! She also got flipped twice in an inner tube ride, but she was a good sport and had a great time. Brynne rode with Mommy all the time, but I didn't mind as long as I got to do everything!

When we got home from swimming, the kids (along with a few of the men folk) made bottle rockets. We went to the large grassy area across from Aly's house and set them off. I kept complaining about how I was never in scouts and had no idea what I was doing, but the kids had fun anyway. Here's Morgan with her rocket.
The next day we spent a few hours playing at the park. Alyson had bought some fun balloons that make silly sounds and wiggle all around when you let the air out of them. The kids had tons of fun with them, and the parents got warn out cheeks from blowing up so many balloons. It's amazing what we'll do for our kids. :)
Case in point: (I blew up more balloons than I care to count, including this one for Brynne.)
The park was next to a duck pond, so we took a walk to the pond and Morgan was happy to pose for picture.
And I HAD to include this picture. Check it - my kids are doing something together and are getting along! I must say I was amazed at how well they did during the trip. With all the traveling and changes they really did well together and generally did a great job listening and obeying. Yea girls!

We arrived home Monday afternoon and have been busy, busy, busy ever since. We'll stay at home for a couple weeks before we head off to Wyoming for our next travel adventure...

No comments: