Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bye, Bye Baby Brush...

You know those yellow baby brushes they give you at the hospital when your kids are born? Well, we still use ours. At least, we did up until two days ago when our last one disappeared! We had both brushes from both girls until one broke three years ago. Since then, we've just had the one. We have such fine hair in our family that I'll admit the baby brush is still the brush of choice for the girls.

I suppose it's time to realize my kids aren't babies anymore and start using a normal brush, but my kids have such sensitive heads! The biggest problem with losing the brush is the timing of the whole thing - I leave tomorrow for a week. That means Lee gets to make this adjustment with the girls. (Sorry Lee. Good luck!)

Actually, we're having to outgrow several things these days: Turns out my hip and knees are starting to hurt, so it's getting hard for me to carry my girls out to breakfast. Even though they are 6 and 8, that's something I do almost every morning. I can also no longer have them lay on my lap to get their teeth brushed; they just don't fit anymore. :( I wondered when I'd actually start to feel old. Now I know it's when you're 35... (Here's hoping another burst of energy comes with 36!)

So, like I said, I'm leaving for a week! I'm flying to California where I get to go visit my sister Ashley for a week. My other two sisters and my mom are going to drive down to join us for the weekend. We get to hit the beach and go to Disneyland together. This is our third year in a row making this trip; and, unfortunately, it will be our last. Ashley will be moving next year since her husband will be done with optometry school. I guess we'll just have to find a new place to vacation together! :) The best thing is that Lee is off work so I don't have to bug neighbors and friends to take my kids!

Disneyland, here I come!

4 comments:

Denise said...

So I guess if Austin is born this week at least you can get a new brush out of the deal. That can be your consolation should it actually happen. ;)

Hilary said...

Ha, ha! That's a good one, Denise! Unfortunately, though, there would be no consolation for missing Austin's birth... Hang in there, Austin. Just one more week!

Anonymous said...

You can buy new soft brushes at the store you know. Maybe you had better call and tell that to Lee. :)

chicklegirl said...

Getting old bites. I wonder it the pain you're getting in your hips and knees is arthritis. That's what I've got; I had to stop running a couple years back because it was tearing up my hips. The trick is to stay flexible and find new things you enjoy doing.