Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm Really a Fairy Godmother

Following a really good gym workout, I came home to shower and get ready. Just as I was finishing my hair, Brynne came into my bathroom and said, "I love you, Mom! Now how can I make you pretty?" Excuse me? Did I hear you right? There I was actually doing my hair, which I felt was a solid step in the "pretty" direction, and Brynne comes in and makes that comment. I thought perhaps she was implying I needed makeup too, but then she clarified: "We have to find something for you to wear to make you pretty." A few minutes later, I looked like the picture below. In case you're wondering, the things on my shoulders are the straps from the fairy wings I am wearing--you see, it turns out I am actually a Fairy Godmother! Oh darn, I forgot to hold up my wand too, but rest assured I am holding one. (Now what would I look like if I had boys?) For the record, this is Brynne's first picture ever. Didn't she do a great job!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! You definitely would not be wearing a crown and be holding a wand if you had boys! It's fun to see that you had fun with it! She was probably so proud of herself. That's a cute story, thanks for sharing!

Dashley said...

I totally recognize that necklace!! Lindsey and I used to dress up somewhat similarly to your ensemble in the picture. :) I just love little Brynne. Give her a kiss for me and my sweet Morgan too.