One of the first items of business was making Christmas cookies with Grandpa Ross. Grandpa has amazing patience for things like cookie cutters being put in the middle of the dough instead of in a way to maximize the number of cookies that can be cut each time, or flour getting everywhere, or some of the dough accidentally making it into a kid's mouth (actually, Grandpa has been known to feed them dough on purpose!). See that cute boy having fun with Grandpa in the picture below? Yeah, well that's my super cute and super helpful nephew Marshall!
At one point on Christmas Eve I looked over and noticed lots of people dressed in green shirts. Those people included my mom, my sister Ashley, Ashley's daughter Elise, and Melissa. I easily talked the adult figures into holding the little figures for a picture:
Ashley's husband, Derek, got to be Joseph in our Christmas Story reenactment and Brynne got to be Mary. I'm pretty sure this is exactly how it was last year, too. Since donkeys are the closest thing to horses in the Christmas Story, Morgan chose to be the donkey both years and let Mary (i.e. Brynne) ride to Bethlehem on her back. The biggest change to our family's reenactment this year was Melissa's playing the Baby Jesus.
I was able to exchange some things to get matching shirts for Melissa and Elise. We had lots of fun taking pictures of the two of them together.
Morgan got curlers from Aunt Lindsey for Christmas. She and the cat, Dina, curled up on the couch to watch a movie and ended up falling asleep. :)I was the lucky one! I got to hold both cute girls -- Elise and Melissa!
Cousin Marshall even got some snuggle time with Melissa. He is so cute with how much he loves Elise and Melissa and wanted them to be by him a lot. :)
Morgan and Brynne were very excited to get some games from Santa. Brynne decided to "pose" (i.e. pull a fat lip) for the picture. Morgan was too engrossed in her game to realize I was taking a picture. :) And for those who are wondering, the crutches weren't needed by anyone; turns out they are lots of fun to play with (at least until Grandpa finally manages to get them and hide them under the house). :)
No comments:
Post a Comment