Denise asked if I enjoyed the first day of kindergarten. Admittedly, it wasn't much difference yet on that first day. I'm used to Brynne going to preschool for 2 hours/3 days a week. Kindergarten here is only 2 1/2 hours/5 days of the week. Although I wish it were all day, I'm sure this will be a good transition for Brynne.
There was one nice thing about the first day of kindergarten for me. I went to the gym a little bit earlier than usual (and didn't have to schedule around day-care openings at the gym!). I did my regular routine and then felt like I had more in me, so I stayed! I was at the gym for a total of two hours!!! This is significant because you are limited to 1 1/2 hours with day care.
Thankfully, Brynne wakes up easier than Morgan. I still have to work at it, but it's not a 20-30 minutes ordeal like with Morgan. How do moms with lots of kids get all of them up and to school on time?
One last thing about car seats...I had told them I could take two other kids with one buckled in the middle if necessary, but I was mostly worried about making sure Brynne was always buckled legally and safely in other cars (when I'm not there to be sure). Sorry Lee, the pickup lane isn't wide enough for your plane... :)
2 comments:
I think my mom used to start waking the ten of us up at 5am to get us all out on time.
I bet if you let Morgan sleep in once and she missed school she'd never do it again? Moms with lots of kids just have more of something that I don't have ... yet (hopefully!)
Post a Comment