Monday, March 24, 2008

A Sister Vacation in California

Wow, what a week!! The girls and I spent four days in Rawlins with Lee and my parents (my sister Lindsey also went with us). Then Lindsey and I drove back to Spanish Fork where we met up with my sister Alyson. The three of us left early Wednesday morning for one of the best vacations I've ever had! We went to California to see Ashley, and the four of us sisters lived the life for a few days.

We got to California in time for Derek's birthday (Ashley's husband). Yea! :) Then we spent all day Thursday (8 a.m. until after midnight) at Disneyland. We took bunches of pictures, but I selected only a few to share. The first one is all of us as we arrived at Disneyland. We had Ashley's son, Marshall, with us for the first half of the day. That kid has been in Disneyland more than anyone else his age, I bet! :) In the picture it's Alyson, Ashley, Marshall, Lindsey, and me.

This next picture is of Ashley and me. It was actually taken later in the day --you can tell by the fact that my hairdo has about had it. :) This picture was taken during the one time we stood in line for a long time -- it was the line for Space Mountain and we waited 65 minutes. Other than that I don't think we waited much longer than 30 minutes for most things, and a lot of the waits were less than 15 minutes (thanks to fast passes and staying there late).

Here's Lindsey and I at the beginning of the day. The funny thing is that when I saw this picture, I didn't recognize the dinosaur in the background. I finally figured out this was in line for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which we rode on three or four different times, but I somehow never really noticed the dinosaur. Oops.
Here's Alyson and me riding on a boat. I think it's the Queen something or other. I'm sure one of my sisters will comment with the correct name. I have an awful memory (and am apparently not very observant either). We rode the boat around Tom Sawyer's Island, which you can see in the background.
And here's a picture of Lindsey, Alyson, and me all together on the boat (I think it's the Queen Mary???). Ashley had gone to meet up with Derek so he could take Marshall, and she got back just in time to snap this lovely picture for us.

After this ride we went to Splash Mountain for our first ride of eight for the day. I'm going to have to do another blog when I get more pictures from my sisters because I don't have any from Splash Mountain. We went on it four times in the last hour, and we all took turns sitting up front and getting drenched. We figured it would be okay to head home totally wet. Very fun!!!!!!

The next day we slept in, went for a run, showered, and then went to watch the Broadway play "Wicked." Alyson and Lindsey have been wanting to go for a long time, and Ashley and I agreed to go along. Little did I know what I was getting into...I haven't been able to get those marvelous songs out of my head since that night. I have got to find a place to buy the sound trek because it's really frustrating trying to sing a song and not knowing the words!!! (Right now You Tube is my best friend!) It was well worth the cost of the ticket and then some -- absolutely wonderful!!!

I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed our trip. I fell asleep at the end of our ride home and woke up about 30 minutes before arriving back in Spanish Fork. When I woke up, I just wanted to smile. I felt so happy as I thought back over the previous days. It was a perfect vacation, and I LOVED being with my sisters!!! (Now, if the transition back to motherhood could go just as smoothly...)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful vacation! Just having a delightful get-a-way time is so refreshing. We had fun grandmothering and grandfathering and when I poured the milk on my cereal thie morning it didn't matter if the cereal got all covered or not. Enjoy your darlings again.

Dashley said...

Ha Ha! Mom is funny! That was her way of commenting on your last comment about motherhood going smoothly! :) Turns out I have had a rough transition too with you all gone as Marshall is pretty sick. I'll call you later.

That ship was the Mark Twain. I know because they sing it as you depart and Derek likes to mimic it in his deep voice. :)

I had a blast too! One of the best times I have ever had. Thanks for posting a great blog about. Perhaps I will just copy yours for my journal because you put the vacation together so nicely.

I love you!!!

Michelle said...

I think you can buy wicked songs off of itunes for $1 a piece. not bad! :)

glad you had fun, sorry i missed it. maybe next time when i don't have a new baby and no brandon to take her halfway through the day. (although he can't really nurse her anyway.... still we'll have to work something out.)

Brown Family said...

I'm jealous ... but maybe one day I'll do a sisters vacation or just do a girls vacation WITH you. :)

Brown Family said...

Notice: Last post was by Denise, not Paul ... in case there was any confusion about who wants to vacation with Hilary ...