Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring Break 2013

We decided to try something a bit risky and head back east for Spring Break this year. We went to visit both Brandon and Lindsey. The riskiness came from the fact that we were flying stand-by, meaning we only got on the plane if there were extra seats. Given that lots of people were flying out of SLC for Spring Break, we just had to hope for the best.

 How did we fare? Well, we sat in the airport for 8 hours (after waking up at 4 am) while we tried to get on five different flights. Finally, Lee worked some magic, did some researching, and found another way for us to get to Atlanta. We ended up going by way of Memphis, but we weren't picky! :)

Since I know you are all wondering how in the world we could survive together for 8 hours in the airport, I will tell you: I-Pad!!!
 The older girls watched movies on Netflix using Lee's I-Pad that he was kind enough to give us for the trip. What did Melissa do? She ran around climbing and pushing and having a great time until she finally fell asleep.
 The flights all went amazingly well, even though we all sat apart for most of the flights (except one where we sat all together). The girls had small bags packed with books and handheld games to keep them busy. Melissa and I mostly ate and slept. :) 

This picture was taken by Brynne on our way from Atlanta to Baltimore later in the week:
So this post was really meant to be a teaser. I don't have time to post all the pics and details right now, but rest assured there is lots of excitement and some major cute pictures coming soon! :)

1 comment:

wyomingmom said...

Enough teasing already!