This year we invited my parents and my sister Lindsey to join us in Spanish Fork for Christmas. It was only the second time in the 12 years Lee and I have been married that we have had Christmas at our house. Since Lee is usually gone to work (which was the case this year, as well), the girls and I usually pack up and go to someone else's house for the holidays. I will admit I really enjoyed staying here this year!
We began our Christmas Eve festivities with some cookie making and decorating:
In case you were wondering what Melissa was doing while the rest of us were decorating cookies, she was trying diapers out as hats:
Then we acting out the Christmas story while my dad read from Luke 2. Morgan's favorite thing to be is all the animals in the story. In this picture, she is a donkey carrying Mary and Jesus (too big to be concealed under a shirt until (his) birth...) to Bethlehem.
Joseph (we were a little short on males for our production...), Mary, and Baby Jesus (along with a sheep in the background):
An angel of the Lord:
The narrator:
Just before the 3 kings (Lindsey) arrived, Morgan favored us by playing "We Three Kings" on her cello:
Baby Jesus wasn't quite sure what to think of the gift being offered (him) by the Wise (Wo)man:
I'll admit the Nativity is never boring in our house. I always hope that in the midst of the fun, the kids are able to appreciate the events that took place. I am grateful for the chance to pause and remember the Savior, His birth, and all that His life makes possible for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment