Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Melissa is 2 Months Old!

I can hardly believe how quickly the last two months have flown! Melissa is at such a fun age right now -- smiling a little more and starting to coo. So cute!! I am amazed at this beautiful little girl who joined our family.My friend Denise gave me the great idea of taking Melissa's picture with the same stuffed animal each month. It gives perspective to see how much she's grown. I forgot last month, but will hopefully start remembering. I chose to use the panda bear my mom got for Melissa. (My mom has gotten all my girls a black and white stuffed animal since she knows babies love to look at black and white things.) The panda bear looked so small on the changing table, but it looks much bigger by Melissa! :)
At her two month appointment, Melissa weighed 11 lbs 1 oz, which mean she gained exactly 4 lbs in her first two months. She was 22 1/2 inches long, which means she grew 4 1/2 inches. She is int he 60th percentile for height and weight both, and in the 70th percentile for her sweet, perfectly shaped head. Love this girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(P.S. To see Melissa when she was one month old, check out the next blog with Melissa and her grandparents.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting pictures! I am going crazy with me here and her there. What a cutie.