Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween -- Part 1

On Thursday night, I got a call from my sister Alyson. She invited the girls and I to come to her house in Layton for the long Halloween weekend. I happened to have a sore throat and a fever of 102 at the time, but she still invited us -- very nice!!

We drove up on Friday afternoon and played for a bit before taking the kids to watch "Up" and "G-Force." We split up adults and let the kids choose which to see -- Morgan and Brynne watched "G-Force", while I ended up watching "Up" with Lindsey and Aly's youngest twins.

After getting the kids to bed that night, Aly got a babysitter and all the adults headed off to a comedy club in Centerville. One of the guys in the club is in Aly and Brad's ward and had told them that would be a good night to come. It was definitely enjoyable being able to laugh without wondering if/when the humor would turn inappropriate. As they put it, the humor didn't go anywhere near "Bed, Bath, and Beyond!" I enjoyed it until my neck started getting super stiff at the end (thanks to my sickness...). Definitely a fun thing to do together!

On Halloween day, Alyson and I took Morgan, Brynne, Adam and Isaac to the Bountiful Recreation Center pool. I didn't get in the water because that was a sure way to pass germs. Instead, I took pictures. :) I got some decent pictures of the girls coming off the water slide. Can you guess what Morgan likes to do to keep water from getting in her nose?


After a while, Isaac took a liking to Morgan and wanted to go everywhere with her. Alyson and Adam stayed close by.

Adam loved posing for pictures as I sat on the deck to watch him. My favorite was when he showed off his amazing flexibility (both twins do this craziness with their legs!) by putting both feet up to his head:
It took me the whole 1 1/2 hours to get everyone together for a picture. We finally managed this one at the end.
I learned that it's actually enjoyable to not get in the water. It sure makes it easier to get everyone washed up and dressed afterwards, too. It helped that it was a really slow day so it was easy to keep an eye on the kids!

No comments: