Lee, Hilary, Morgan, Brynne, Melissa, & Katherine -- All opinions expressed in this blog are fact. In other words: I am the mother, and what I say goes!!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Daddy's Airplane
Over the weekend, the girls and I drove to Rawlins to see Lee. While there Lee took us to see the airplane he flies. In true Wyoming fashion, it was super cold and VERY windy. Lee let us climb in the airplane, which is something the girls used to love to do. This is a picture of Morgan and Brynne sitting in the cockpit of the airplane.
I wish you could tell from the picture how windy and cold it was. You can see that the blanket that is normally wrapped around the engine is instead flapping around. While we were in the airplane trying to stay warm (above), Lee was working to secure the engine blankets. The whole back of this airplane is one huge long tube where they store UPS packages for flights. The only seats in the plane are the two in the cockpit and one extra just behind. It's kinda cool.
Here's a little closer shot of Lee and the girls by the plane. We affectionately refer to it as "Daddy's plane". Although it actually belongs to Key Lime Air, it sits in Rawlins and Lee is basically the only one to fly it, so we call it his. For the small price of only $20/person, we'll let you sit in the cockpit and take a picture! :)
In other news, we stopped at Lee's sister Ruth's house, and stayed with her one night. Brynne slept on the top bunk of a bunkbed. I, knowing that she tends to turn sideways in her sleep, prayed that Brynne would turn the direction that her feet would be hanging off the bed so that she wouldn't fall out. When I woke up in the morning, I saw my prayer had been answered:
I've been blessed with two kids who both love to snuggle. Brynne was kind enough to share the love with Aunt Ruth:

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Brynne looks adorable in that hat!
So glad you got to see Lee ... and his plane. :)
Lee showed us the plane too but we opted not to get the picture for $20.00 :)
A word about Brynne's hat: Denise watched the girls for me one evening a little over a week ago. When I went to pick up the girls, Brynne was wearing the hat. I told her she had to take off the hat and give it back, but then Brynne starting bawling so hard she couldn't talk. Denise finally helped me understand that she had told Brynne she could keep the hat. Oops! Brynne has worn that hat everywhere (including in the house) since that night. Thanks, Denise! :)
Love the picture of Brynne with Aunt Ruth!
Your girls are beautiful Hil! I love their big beautiful eyes. How fun that they get to understand a little bit just what it is that Daddy does all day. Do they really charge $20 to sit and take a picture or was that a joke. (I'm a lamo for asking:))
Post a Comment